You, through the Social Justice Advocates, continue your amazing work on behalf of homeless people.
Working together, over $320,000 has been raised to help house people struggling to find accommodation in the Bega Valley. That’s remarkable work.
- developed community ownership of a number of caravan units being installed.
- established a community unit management committee based around the service providers who allocate the guests for our units. This committee has representatives from each provider, SJA, and the Tathra Uniting Church / community.
- Already installed five fully operational units in Pambula (2) and Bega (3).
There’s more work to be done.
- We look forward to another unit promised by Reflections for the Pambula caravan park this month.
- We are still looking for land and places for the Eden part of our shire.
With the amount raised we are certainly looking at nine (9) crisis transitional community units for our homeless people within our shire.
Then our community, through SJA, can look to supporting our homeless and those struggling with rents and service costs (massively increasing by the month), perhaps through a transitional grant fund or other such support mechanism .
It’s Up To Us!!
Follow us on Facebook