Good morning folks,
Well after a long wait, we are set to host 50ish guests from MARSS – I love that tag!!
Thursday October 20th we will arrange for 50 guests from many international backgrounds to be picked up from the Migrant and Refugee Settlement Services (MARSS) offices at London Circuit, Canberra.
I am inviting you to join in the weekend by hosting one of these families. The only qualifications you need are a sense of humour and the ability to love and be loved.
The basic layout is as follows:
- Thursday evening (Oct 20th) Pick up from Coach at either Bega or Pambula (a support driver can be provided if needed) – home for the evening
- Friday morning – a visit to a local school to see our schools and interact with the students
- Friday afternoon and evening – free time to get to know the guests and to take them to you favourite spots
- Saturday Morning – Pambula Beach – beach time / swimming / BBQ lamb on the spit and games maybe a smoking ceremony
- Saturday late afternoon and evening – free time
- Sunday morning free time, early lunch at a central location
- Depart from here for Canberra – Tears are allowed – tissues not supplied.
No need to worry about any language barriers
All meats for the BBQ will be Halal
Please no need to do a shop before they arrive – they will want to shop and cook with you
We are not looking for palatial mansions – love thrives in any dwelling.
Please let me know as soon as possible – we are looking for about another 7 to 10 families, plus some support drivers please. You can do this by phone at 0411564120 or by email at email@example.com
I can provide contacts to discuss previous visits if you are anxious. I can guarantee it will be an experience you will never forget (in a good way that is!!)